Thursday, September 5, 2013

Greek to Me

Somehow overnight my blog site went Greek and all my stuff is in Greek.  I had to have someone read it to me to log in.. Hope publishing it works out.  I am very tired so will be short and sweet so I don't miss a day yet.  Gotta find out how to send pic on cel to iPad cause that's all I took today.  It was an absolutely incredible day.  Left the hotel at 9:30 on a free walking tour of Athens.  Never expect much for free.  But this was 4 hours of walking and climbing with great info and a terrific guide.  We probably walked 4or5miles.  Most of it uphill.  All cobblestone to marble.  Several times I thought I would just bow out and admit defeat, then he would call for a break and discussion.  After sitting for a few minutes I was ok to go on.  We saw all the local archeological sites, and heard the history.  It was awesome.  At the end he pointed out other sites and how to get there.  I picked the #5tram to the Beaches.  He told me just to enjoy the comfort of the air conditioned cushioned seated tram and look at the beaches till I found the one I wanted.  I did and got off at the end of the line again.  It was a beautiful beach, bur as the Mediterranian, the beach was not sand but small stones.  The case when marble breaks down.  Water was clear, and gorgeous as we're the Many islands visible everywhere.  I just waded as did not have my swimsuit for the walking tour and left as soon as e said beach.  About as tired as I've ever been. Gonna shower and crash with windows open on the 4th floor.  Great roomies, Seattle, Berlin, Canada and Japan,  all speak English Except Japan.  Tomorrow gonna try again to slow down. Today was a tour and that's why I don't like organized tours.  Have to go at their pace.  Tomorrow is on me

1 comment:

  1. yes! we definitely want pictures! Hopefully Seattle, Berlin or Canada can help you send them to yourself so you can post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete