Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday nights are the same all over

Another amazing day in Athens. Went to theAcropolis museum.  Kinda brought the whole thing together and at my own pace I was able to make it all fit into what I think of when I think of history.  I think of In the beginning God created.   Well lots of this was 500-600 years BC.  About the time that Judah fell to Babylon and about the time the 1st Temple was completed in Jerusalem.  The Greek mythology was very interesting too.  Something about the Virgin birth of Athena or some woman, born out of the head of Zeus.  Gotta read up on that, but I guess most religions try to get in on Gods action in their own way.  It is nice to hear God and Christianity spoken here.  Lots of churches and even some Baptist according to the Internet.  Making my way to the top tomorrow.  the acropolis.  Then back by a couple other ruins in anticipation of  leaving Athens Sunday after church somewhere and heading to Mamma Mia.  It's ?friday night here and getting a little rowdy on the street.  Still not scary but think ills head to bed and get a cool early start tomorrow to climb the Hill.  Still working on getting pics from cell to iPad or blog from iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment