Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday night Special.

Yeah today was awesome.  Got up early, took a round about bus ride to get as close as I could to the    
Acropolis entrance.  Can you see how far away and high up that is?  Far away didn't bother me, 
I've gone there and back 2 days in a row but not up.  So I got a head start by taking the bus. 
 It was bad but I made it.  I thank God that my body is holding up.  Very tired and a bit rickety,
but makin it.  It was incredible, but I gotta say that after seeing it last, it was all i expected.
 The enormity of it, the history behind it, the 2500 years age of it.  But it was almost out shown by 
the view of surrounding Athens.  You could see all the way to the ships where I came in a few days ago.
All in all worth the effort.
Then I walked back by way of the shops and restaurants and the Agora and another temple and the 
Church of the Apostle.  Almost new, built in 1025.  Stopped for a gyro.  Haven't had one yet
 and just seemed right.   They carve the. Meat off the roasting spigot and then add feta,some sauce, 
onions, tomatoes and boiled potatoes.  Oh my goodness, to die for.  I could eat only half, so 
enjoying the rest as I blog,  yum yum!  
Repacked for tomorrow when I say farewell to Athens.  I could stay 4 months, but better move on. 
 I have changed my plan to go to Skopelos island.  It takes a long time to connect ferries, am
Nd frankly everything here in Athens makes me think of Mamma Mia so I'm very content with 
not.  Think ill go to Corinth and Kalamate on the other coast.  Gotta close and check that out to be 
sure.  Not gonna mention how I'm missing you, got to far to go to be going there.  
Go check out psalm 7:9 and pray that for the world.  I'm praying for each of you.


1 comment:

  1. Oh yes! Lord, Please let the evil deeds of the wicked come to an end. And make the righteous secure! Love you Mom! Did you get my email about India? God is with you!

    ReplyDelete