Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Checking in from Paraeus, Greece

Nice little hotel in a big port town near Athens.  From the lack of hostels and hotels I expected a small town but not so.  The taxi driver...Greek, said it was a bad town and I should have gone to Athens.  I explained that it was dark when the ship arrived so I choose to stay close.. Boot a great area but I'm locked into a diamond in the rough.  He was the same cabby who took me on a 5Euro ride and charged my 15.  The hotel man noticed I looked a bit disappointed and thought it was the hotel.  I told I thought I had just been screwed but the cab driver he assured me I had.  Now I WILL ask the price before I get in. 
I'm sleeping in tomorrow then headed to Athens.  Think ill find a nice hostel so I can get some tips from other travelers on what is worth seeing.  Back to hostels.  They are really originally. host homes, where people came into your home and you took care of them.  In Turkey, that was how the treated you.  Like you were a guest in their hoe and they are your Host.
I actually left about this time a week ago, so tomorrow afternoon I will be 1 week into my trip.  I've seen more and spent more than I expected.  That's ok, it'll get better on the $.  pretty cool






1 comment:

  1. The Greeks sound like the Mexicans. Always ask how much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete