Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oh my Goodness

I  Love Athens Greece.  The isles not so much. The city has all I need for the perfect vacation.  Seas all around, mountains all around, history, even BC, everywhere, good food, reasonable prices on food, beautiful weather, friendly helpful women, and a few good men.  Oh, I'm in bliss.
Had a lovely ride over on the bus.  Kinda funny I asked for directions to the Metro to Athens.  Tried walking but just too hard pulling my suitcase.  So I asked at a bus stop if a bus went to the metro to Athens.  Nice old man in broken English said yes and explained in Greek.  Showed me on the sign where to stand and where to get off and stood in the street for me to flag down bus #049.  Got me on my way and shouted bye bye like my uncle would.  I knew I was planning to walk and she told me not much far to walk.  We went and went.  I showed my ap to a Greek lady and she explained in Greek and sing language that when she gets off I go one more stop and get off cause it is the end of the line.  I get off and ask a nice man where it was and turns out I took the bus all the way to Athens.  $2  good deal.
My hostel is at the foot of the Acropolis.  Nice digs, 4 roomies that I ave not met yet.  Clean and that's what I care about, but the view from the 2 windows in my corner room is unbelievable. I'll e taking a walking tour tomorrow to find out what the other pic is but the first is the Acropolis.   Breathtaking.  I am sitting in the lobby of my hostel, open air on a major street with shoppers scurrying by at almost 9pm.  Seems very safe here.  That is why I have decided to hang out here for several days.  If I ad a schedule, I would be a bit ahead of it.  I looked at air yesterday to Israel and it is incredibly cheap on Sept 11-12.  Duh!  So I think everybody likes poor broke Greece, so I think I will ang here until the 12and enjoy ad relax and see it all.  As a senior citizen I can ride the metro for 90 min for just over $1.
Then after Sept 11 I'll continue to Israel
I am in the Monestrika part of Athens across the street from a part of town called plaxa it is blocks of Old houses and  mainly converted to shops many street venders.  Food, clothing, jewelry, touristy stuff, furniture, antiques, you name it they got to.  LOVE it!
Saving the Best for last...today's Miracle.  If I asked you in your town, where could I go to get my luggage repaired, could you tell me without aging to check your resources.  Well here I am walking the block and half from Bus/ metro station to my hostel... Glance up and almost run over a tire un the sidewalk.  Like trickle tire .  The entire shop is wheels and tires like wheelbarrows, Dolly's, etc.  I pull in and my  luggage is supposed to be ready tomorrow for 4€ about $6. I stood there at the window when I saw it and cried like a baby.  How perfectly our Lord provide for us.  I could not even have know where to go in Weatherford or Dfw, but God placed it where I needed it.  I am so blessed and so thankful



1 comment:

  1. That is awesome mom! I cry with you! God IS SO GOOD and holding you in the palm of his hand! Love you!

    ReplyDelete