Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I would never lie



.When I came into Corinth a few days ago, I thought I did something wrong.  I got off at the end of the line when everyone else got off.  Thought I was in Corinth.  End of the line?    Loved the little town ( later found it was Loutriki). Quaint little town with lots of shops and restaurants, went to the ticket counter showed the address of my hotel and bought a ticket (I thought) to that location.  When I tried to board the bus, my driver and I laughed, because I got off too early and already had a ticket to Corinth.  He will tell me when to get off.  Only $2 so go on.  In a little while we stopped again and he told me, smiling...this is Corinth.  Others got off, he got my luggage, I looked up and we are at a bus stop bench.  No station.  No one to ask, but taxi across the street.  No options so I take a axi to my hotel for €14.  Ok nice ride to the beach.  Now I'm trying to get back to the airport in Athens tomorrow.  This really what I copied from Internet on how to get back...To get to Athens, there is a bus stations near the sea. It is a little hidden and probably hard to find at first, but just keep asking people for the bus stop...  When you are 66 pulling a50 pound bag and carring a 40 Pound ( guessing) backpack,  thosisnot a good idea.  I have learned that the hard way.   
I have made reservations for tomorrow night in Athens at Zorbas.  Sounds Greek to me.  It is only about a football field from the metro that will take me to the airport for my flight on the 12th.  It will be a long day with 2 short flights.  To Te.l Aviv the a 6 hour layover for a 1 hour flight to Eilat on the Red Sea 
Have my room there for 3 nights so I can see Petra, then a ay at the sea snorkling then off to either Jerusalem, Nazareth, or Bethlehem.  Somedays are tougher to get into Bethlehem than others, so must wait and see.  But it seemed natural to start where Jesus started and then on to where he grew up then into Jerusalem, Massada, and ther highlights.  Now it's getting exciting!
My time out here as been ver revealing.  I am not good at doing nothing.  I have a lot of word I need to use every day.  I do prefer coming home to someone in the evenings even if to strangers.  That being said, I have enjoyed spreading my stuff out everywhere and seeing what I really have.  Much of it will not be needed unless I go somewhere cooler than I've been so far.
I've always had a desire to stay in a hotel near enough to hear the waves and sleep with a natural wave machine.  My balcony is completely private so I have been able to do that.  Only problem is that the breeze dies at night and I end up turning on the AC and closing the balcony doors.  I have 2 double doors and a kitchen window so during the day it is perfectly breezy.
Yesterday I took a nap.  Yes that's the life until bedtime comes and your still awake at 2:30am.  Lesson learned.
Today I ha been east and west along the beach, so decided to go inland.  Some beautiful Villas.  The trees blew me away.  Yards filled with vegetable and flower garden, but trees were abundant and abundantly productive..  I saw, fig, pomegranate, lime, orange, grapevine, olive and several I did not recognize.  As well as sugar cane and several different palms.  I can't tell one from another without fruit.  Kinda the way we are.  You can tell us by the fruit of our life.
Just a laugh then I'm gone.  Yesterday the owner. Lady here asked me what I do to stay so fit.  Now you see what I mean by everyone wears 2 pc swimwear and really shouldn't.  If I look fit, well you get the picture...
1st pic is a grape canopy at the hotel. I want to do this with my grape vines at my house.  How can I get my grapes this big.  You can't tell but thus cluster is about as long as my arm. Second is my lovely breakfast on the patio by the beach.  Thank you God for the Blessings of life

No comments:

Post a Comment