Saturday, September 14, 2013

It's over

YK seems to b e over.  I find myself very frustrated cause I did a really long post earlier and voila...it's gone.  Think that if the battery dies or Internet blinks I loose what I'm doing.  So here we go again?
I think it's over, but not a big deal.  I kinda expected lots of traffic and yelling kinda like New Years Eve,  but really only noticed a trickle of cars increased and 1 airplane came in.  Oh there goes a bus.  I am at a really nice place right on the beach of the Red Sea.  Saved the beach for today cause that was all that would be open today and of course none of the cabanas or anything were open, but there were some families and tourist.  It was very clear, not much color but more green than blue.  Great fish even right off the beach.  Big rocks for the bottom.  Never got off rocks.  Saw the funniest thing.  An old man was snorkling and his dog was riding on his back.  Bout the size of a jack Russell.  Michael and Mav you ought to teach Cloe to ride you when you snorkel.  Not so good for scuba diving.  People brought their blankets and food and water cause knew there would be Nothing available otherwise.  Got up about 7am to hit it before it got to 108 degrees.  Had a great walk then came hoe for my swimsuit and went back.  It was just the right amount f. People.  Remember I don't like to swim alone.
I'm sitting on the deck at the hotel and the view is beautiful .  Finally cool, not much traffic  a little overcast blocks the stars but a glow shows where the moon is.  But the lights across the sea in Jordan glisten light diamonds on the dark skyline.  The mountains I remember from earlier have virtually disappeared.  Ya know in so many places I've visited there was lights all the way up the mountains.  Well not here or in Greece.  Don't know why, but the beach or the mountains are the places to build.  They are not getting all the good they could out of this land.  I noticed that flying in.  Total darkness the a little circle of lights.
Have had the greatest time meeting eople yesterday and today.  Seems that you can be a faithful Jew or not a faithful Jew but everyone is off for YK.  So if you are a non participating Jew, then it's part time.  Both of my roomies are Partiers.  Argentina and israeli .  But both now live in Jerusalem. Emily is adorable, tall, thin, gorgeous, 22 and a bartender at Mikes, a sports bar and has invited me



over for a Cowboy game.  So someone fb me the next 3 games schedule.  I think that sounds fun!
Her mom is from Chicago and dad from Austria.  He is a Rabbi.  She is the next to youngest of 9 children.  They do not believe in BC.  She is a very liberal minded feminist sort of girl who does not want anyone telling her what to do,like YK or daily prayers and synagogue.  She knows what the Jews believe but doesn't want that kind of religion.  I talked to her about how we believe Jesus came to fulfill the law and now we just have to believe and receive salvation.  She listened and that's what I believe God wants from me at this time.  She invited me to go to friends hose to Party all night, but I'm over that.  I was asleep before 10pm.  I have Englishtv here for the first time to see news in 3 weeks.  Colorado sounds aweful but the rest of the world sounded a bit improved.
Back to yesterday since I can't find it on my blog... I ate my first Falafel.  Emily says it is their form of Pizza cause you can put anything on it.  I thought it was set up like a subway.  Everyone gets chicken cut off an upright roasting rod.  Like a Gyros if you've eaten that.  In US I've had neither.  Anyway it has all this other stuff, most I did not recognize, like purple cabbage cooked, marinated cooed purple cabbage, lots of peppers and othe things, and humus.  I tried a little of EVERTHING and it was great.  With no food for today that was a great option cause I had it for, lunch and dinner yea stay and today.  For breakfast today the provided a boxed breakfast, cause breakfast is included.  It was breakfast and lunch and really fun to figure out.  There were 2 6 in baguettes .  An apple, then it got difficult.  Looked like a juice pouch, but it was.....Chocolate Milk. Very chocolate and I haven't had any in a very long time, so a real treat.  Then I tried the yogurt.....chocolate pudding.  Yummy.  By noe I've lost some confidence in my ability to read Hebrew.  It all looks upside down to me.  But there are5 more packets of something.  One has pics of strawberries on it, so it's gotta be strawberrier******Correct.  The others I don't have a clie.  One is white with black splotches like a cow from Chick fil a.  I guessed butter....wrong again.  It was cream cheese,  the others no clue were butter, I think,  margarine I think, and to my pleasant surprise. More chocolate.  Kinda like fudge.  There was also a boiled eg and 4 slices of delicious cheese.  Now that was supposed to be Breakfast for the stranded tourist.  Can't imagine what real breakfast will be tomorrow.  I'm in losing a pic of the items in the room by the coffee maker.  What do you think the are.  Year Lipton tea and creamer. Then what.  In turkey and Greece they double labeled everything so you knew what was going on.. Not here.  Street signs nothing has eng options.  Oh well, I love a challenge.  I also have a pic of some signs you'll recognize.  Yes, All closed even McD.
Met a really nice old (66yr old) lady yesterday on a park bench when I was coming over from my previous hotel.  I'm learning that walking distance is not one size fits all.  I decided to make 2 trips one with backpack one with suitcase.  It's just hard to get a taxi to take you a short trip.  They are waiting for the big fares.  Oh well.  Can't fight that battle today. Jd





2 comments:

  1. Loving reading your blog. I feel like I talk to you every day! It all sounds wonderful! Here is the Cowboy's schedule
    9/15 vs. Chiefs @ noon
    9/22 vs. Rams @ noon
    9/29 vs. Chargers @ 3:35
    Tell Emily your daughter's said to keep an eye on you and not to let you get into any trouble!
    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great schedule. I can catch those noon games at 7 or 8 here. Yeah. A plan! I'm thinking Emily knows trouble when she sees it. I love hearing back from you. Fb and blogging take away a lot of miles and time.

    ReplyDelete