Saturday, September 28, 2013

Quite day in Jerusalem.

Finally the holy days are over.  Jews from all over the world a leaving tonight.  Extra airplanes in the sky, cars on the roads and black Hats on the streets.  Many travelers stayed at the King Solomon Hotel which is the building 20 feet out my window.  They are scurrying around to get home cause tomorrow their work week begins.  More about the Black Hats.  They wear black suits and black hats all day, very day, no matter how hot it is.  They are grown up to be BH.  They go to school from very young and are only taught the Torah.  Their school day is 8am till 9 pm?  They pray and read and then do it some more.  No jobs, just more study of Torah.  Everyone is not expected to understand Gods word, so these BH can help you if you need help, but you must move aside if they are walking down the sidewalk and if you are inappropriately dressed or distracting lay beautiful, they must look aside.  If you are seated they are not allowed to sit with you on a bus or bench or whatever.  Yesterday on the bus I sat beside one and he got up and moved.  Oh well!  The bondage of the Jew is almost as heavy as the friction between them and the Arab.  The heavy spirit of the Jews must be from all this bondage.  By the way, the study is only of the books of the law, Genisis, exodus, leviticus, numbers and Dueteronomy.  So their lives are all about Law.  These folks need Jesus, and he was right here and they rejected.  The reason they don't believe in Jesus is because the law says no idol worship and no God before God.    It really s frustrating to see such beautiful people, in their bondage to the Law be blinded to the Gospel.
Today we got a little cool front.  The weather here has been perfect.  Saw rain 3 times and it does not rain muc here.  It is all so mountainous.  I asked Hannah tonight why they don't have an airport.  She reminded me of the mountains and hills.  It flattens out for the Dead Sea and it is flat on the Tel Aviv coast, but not a flat place in Jerusalem.  
I took a walk and a nap and had a shower and lunch today.  That's a day of rest I needed.  On my walk I took some great pics and think I've learned how to send them from my phone to my iPad.  But I found a little place called Bible Hill.  Nothing there but a great view.  Fun to just imagine what it was like 2000 years ago.  It was across the street from Zion hotel and Zion restaurant.  Note outside described the vegetation in spring and fall, so I'll look again before I leave.  Very treacherous up and down the hillside, but worth the climb.  Found it as #3on someone's list of things to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment