Monday, November 4, 2013

Wow, I thought it was Wed but its only Tuesday

"I am enjoying relaxing and chilling so much I thought I had missed 2 days, but I guess it is only one.  This break in Penang has been wonderful, I just hope I can pick up the pace again and get back in the saddle for this next round.  I am checking fares today to get my plan laid for Great Barrier Reef in Australia, with anything else that falls in my path in Aussie, then Bali, Bangkok, Phuket in Thailand, with Singapoor and Kuala Lumpur tucked in there somewhere.  Then of course with lodging along the way and a snorkel round in Great Barrier Reef and Phuket.  So I'm takin this day as a planning Day, with a bit of laundry so I don't have to do the Comando thing AGAIN.  Now ladies, you may want to ask Marsha about husband training technique.  He cooks a lot and always real good.  And the kitchen is not a wreck when he is done.  That is the mark of a good husband and wife.  They really seem happy with each other and with life.  Such a blessing to spend time with them.
Yesterday I got out and found Little India.  It was right there by all those signs pointing to "little India"
Lots of fashion change to Indian on the bodies and in the shops.  Buddhist Temples everywhere, insence, bare feet, strange food, very different to other parts of town.  Absolutely gorgeous blinded out garments.  I could not tell for sure, but looks like lots of the clothing is just fabric that you wrap and tuck, but very finely embellished.  No, I didn't buy anything, but I looked.  Had a great lunch of sweet and sour chicken at a nearby hotel.  After lunch I asked for the toilet and he pointed out down the long hall.  As I passed rooms on the way, it was 2 bedrooms and the kitchen shared with the restaurant.  All very clean but the live right there in the restaurant.  Seems that is normal in Mylasia if you own a business it is your home as well.  After owning business it makes sense.  Get to be home more that way.  Going to a lecture at the seminary today.  Can't remember the title but it sounded really interesting after my trip to Israel.  Then to a buffet at the seminary afterwards.  



The blue mansion.  Used in movies a lot.  It was closed when I got there so did not go in, but pretty with all the tile work
Temples are everywhere.  There is a large mix of mosques and temples, and churches.  Thank God for Christian churches.  The Buddhish and Muslims regularly have rowdy holidays, and services on loud speakers, but Christians churches will be shut down for any noises even when not excessive.  Culturally Muslims and Buddhist are accepted but Christians still trying to make their mark..   Cows are sacred here as well as Indian and Nepal, but as far as food goes, they seem to import anything, even canned beef and Ragu sauce.  We are so blessed in America and all we seem to do is complain about what we don't have.  We need to count our blessings and try to keep them.  Thank you Lord










No comments:

Post a Comment