Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Such peace and tranquility

I really liked the other cottages and the sweet ladies who ran it, and it did have some advantages over this one.  First of the Hammock. Oh God knew I would be worthless with 4 days of that, but I know there will be hammocks in Heaven.  I bet Mike is in one now.  I have one at home and it goes up as soon as I get home.  Also the view was a broader view of the ocean so was very good.  cons outweighs. The pros. No AC no hot water, no free breakfast, and no wifi.
Here, the bathroom is attached, but you come up stairs to the room, the out a back door to another flight of stairs back down to the bath.  There is hot water, but it was an afterthought.  One faucet on the wall for water, then a hand held spray nozzle for hot water, then a 3rd faucet that just comes out like a tub faucet.  It just seems strange that these places that are surrounded by water, have such a hard time using it.  You don't get a glass of water at any restaurants.  It is all bottled and you have to ask for it and the price is same as coke.  One day they had local beer and it was the same as water.  But this place is by far the most perfect location to relax, that I have ever seen, or even imagined.  I. Have a new happy place to go to in my mind when I want to relax.  Some one said this is where the Balinese go to get away from it all.  Very polite staff, on top of their game.  Only 8 huts, so not many people around, but everyone seems to realize what a special treat it is to have found this place.  I eat my meals under a YumYum tree overlooking a beautiful beach with 2-14surfers, far enough away that you hear nothing.  It's a relaxing as watching a lava lamp.  Today I left this property for the first time since arriving.  I had met a Californian next door to Jenny's Place who has the Palms hotel and restaurant, and he has Mexican food.  I told him I would come back and see what Califs knew about Mexican food?  It was a great lunch, incredible view from a Huge round chaise by his infinity pool overlooking the sea.  All just too amazing to hardly comprehend.  Then when all is perfection, I thought, I look up and see a herd of about, 50-80 beautiful shiny, black dolphins playing in front of me.  I really have no idea how many but I bet no less than 50.  They stayed for over 2 hours, then I had to leave , this sun is really unfriendly.  But whilst, there, a nice couple from Canada dropped by for drinks.  They too a swim.  That's how you do it here.  You wear your swim my all the time and where there is water you hop in and cool off.  We visited for awhile, watched the Dolphins, talked about my travels, and some of my observations and my new cause.  god created us all, and we all have brains and need to use them for the good of humankind.  Male brains are no more important than female brains and if we want to, we should be allowed too.  No one should be able to take away what God gave us.   Well when it was time to for them to run along, he asked if he could take a pic of his wife and I together.  I saw no point, she was adorable and petite and I am me.  Afterward, she came over to me and said he told her that he hoped as she grew older, she would be just like me.  I don't think I have ever been so flattered, and also , so encouraged that my message was worth sharing.  God is so good to send people into our lives to confirm and reassure.
This is the rainy season here and if its not raining its cloudy.  Only a few hours of really nice sunshine a day.  Have not seen any sunsets in Bali, though I keep waiting.  Last night it rained in the night and into the morning, the pretty nice all day, but mostly cloudy.  Now it is raining again since about 8pm till 11. This time with thunder.  This truly a grass hit, you can see the sun come in in places.  I have all windows and doors open.  But so far nothing wet.  My balcony here is right I front at eye level so blocks the view, and the balcony is pretty small and chairs not that comfy, like at Jenny's Place, so I just spend all my time at the pool, about 20 feet from my steps.  The steps are more like climbing a ladder Ryan stairs.  Both sets.  I hod on with both hands, but still those midnight and 4am potty runs are the pits.  There is a light outside at the top and bottom of the stairs, but, I'm not always dressed when I go from the bedroom to the bath...the top of the bath is non existent, so for about 2 steps on the ladder, I am sometimes showing my you know what.   But I do love my hut and my outdoor shower.  I want an outdoor shower at the farm.  It would be great on my R & B days.  
R
The hut next door.  The window they could see me through
The Blue Lagoon right behind our village
Just next door to that lagoon is this lagoon with jumping from the point on the right of photo.    We are on a point, and the are on it too.g 
My bath from my back door.  Toilet is under the stairs.  You see the railing.  The squares are tiles, but the light colored rocks, are light colored rocks.  Drains right through the rocks.  All open overhead.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment