Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Unbelievably self indulgent


Woke up about7:30 but stayed in bed till9 then down to breakfast of rices chicken greens melon and sauces.  Really good.  Then before the breakfast ended, the hostess asked that same question that I hear so often and the funny part is that I never learn.  Question, would you like some tea or coffee before we take it away, yes please tea.  I was still surprised when she brought a cup of hot tea.  I was expecting iced tea as I always am.  However, at this hotel they do ave really good iced tea already sweetened and lemoned, but. Drank the hot tea.  When in Bali.  Sat in the sun by the pool in a soft padded chase for awhile, the up to change for the mall with a loo at the beach by the. Mall.  Shuttle takes me free but I didn't know that yesterday when I almost killed myself.  Walked through the mall thinking of a larger mp ice of wheeled carry on cause things are cheap here too and I still have Malaysia  again and maybe Thailand .  Anyway will make that decision before leaving Bali but in shopping I have that option.  It is a wonderful mall, but it is just one huge area and you really never know when you leave one store and go to another.  There are no big walkway between stores like we ave,  you o in the mall and it looks like one big store.  I don't know how they keep track of what said for and what is not.  Anyway, pan to go back.  At the back of the mall is about 3 layers of food. Al across the back is like fast food court, then beyond that is nice sit own restaurants, the beyond that is a row of very nice food and bar and probably lively night spots in the night and beyond that...the Indian Ocean.  Wild and crazy... Loved it.  You can sit and eat at any of them and sea th Ocean but at the middle and definitely the last, you can see and hear the waves, depending in tide.  Unfortunately it was going out but I loved it.  Strolled the boardwalk for awhile and was again attacked by the mobs for mani and. Pedi and massage, and jewelry, and whatever you may need or want for sale.  I needed a pdi so settled on mani and pedi, I did not bring clippers from Panang.  Then they suggested pluck my chin hair and since I left my tweezers in Panang too, I agreed to that.  There on the beach was me in a very comfy chair with my feet on the legs of a nice manicurist, who was siting on the ground.  (I did ask if I was hurting her and she smiled and said she was fine.  ). And her friend pulling my chin hairs.  Other friends still trying for massage and jewelry sales.  They are on the property of a luxury hotel on the beach and have permits to be there, but still. Like my massage with clothes removed and just can't see that appending on the beach.  While I had them all circled round me, I told them about women around the world and how some are not allowed to work or dress as they choose.  I shared what I ave seen around the world. I shared that God created the world and he created us, and does not make mistakes.  We are not second rate, we are good.  I pleaded with them not to let any man take away what God gave us, our mind and ability to think.  Then I told them about women in Nepal being blamed if their husbands deaths because they must not ave aken care of him if he dies.  They can't own property and all the husbands belongings are taken by his family.  A couple of them were really effected by that and asked if it was religious or government or family.  I told them religious as I understand, but government enforced. I told them to be proud of their ability and opportunity to work and protect it and support each other and know many women  around the world don't have that privilege.  I find that s my new passion, to help women see their value in Gods world.
I left there feeling I had made some new friends and all warm and fuzzy.  It may have been the sun?  Now about 3:30 and still tide was out so I found another luxury hotel with restaurant on the beach so enjoyed a Indonesian lunch of Chen curry with a chicken appetizer, soup and chicken curry.  All witha beautiful   view for $8:50.   After a long lunch with wifi, it was another walk on the boardwalk, then anothernshotbat the mall,then I saw A&W and had myself a root beer float.  Oh my what and indulgence.  I hope I don't go back, but insure want to.  So now I can stay here at this nice hotel and take the shuttle from 10:30 to 7 to a beautiful beach and mall and do anything I want to around there.  Yeah I like Bali!!!

Speaking of women's rights how do you feel about this.?



 Typical balinese Temple.
Here after so many tributes to our veterans is a memorial to theirs.  Such a young looking soldier

No comments:

Post a Comment