Thursday, November 28, 2013

Wasn't so bad!

Really had a fun day when I finally quit feeling sorry for myself and got my cry over and hit the beaches.   One of the sunniest days I've seen in weeks.  Was ready for rain but mis afternoon, so I could get out of the sun, but it didn't come, so I headed back to the beach for a great sunset.  One of the fun things about a sunset. Here is that everyone loves it and comes to the beach camera in hand.  There are performers posing for pics.  It's really fun to watch people capture  the sunset.  Thousands are on the beach capturing the moment.  I have not gotten good at selfies yet.  I never know where to look and fell so self conscious.  That is wired cause I was just thinking this morning how Devine it has been to just take care of myself with. No impact on others while I've been gone.  I just do what comes next without having to worry about impact on who I'm with, cause I don't really know them.  If my feet are covered with an inch of sand from the beach when I go into KFC, no one cares how I look.  If my sarong doesn't match my swimsuit, no one that matters, cares.  It really is liberating not worrying about what others think.  When I look around at locals I envy their lack of style and lack of concern.
When nature is so beautiful, you really can't compete.
Back to yesterday.  I rented an umbrella and chair at the beach, and really enjoyed the experience.  I wanted to just watch the world go by, but it was more challenging that I executed to get peace and quite.  First they wanted to give me an umbrella that already had 4 men sitting under it, just getting out of the sun.  Then I finally got my point across that I did not want to share, I wanted to be alone.  It was very hot and I think they were just other vendors getting in out of the sun.  Finally got my own umbrella and got situated sat down and then every vendor who saw that I had rented a  shade thought I would buy what they were selling too.  After swatting away several, I tried something new.  I did not want to talk about it so when they said something, I went finger over mouth and shhhhh.  The first one asked, what's wrong?  I said shhhh.  He asked do you have a baby?   Shhhh,  he walked away.  I ad me a little Katut man sitting beside me.  He and I just laughed.  I did that several times and it worked.  I'll try that on the streets.  Universal word. Shhhhh.
  Now back to my Kutut.  That was the wise man on Eat, Pray, Love.  Well my little man was not wise, but something about him was non offensive.  He was small and had only about 8 teeth.  He was quite and sat beside and behind me, not in my face.  When I was running others off, he seemed to be on MY side and wanted them to just leave us alone.  His job was renting Booggy Boards, and he was a bit lazy and not good at renting things.  He asked me if I wanted to rent a Booggy Board, and I laughed hysterically at the thought.  He had no business but then he just sat there under my umbrella and offered Booggy Boards to 66 year old women.  He taught me a new word.  Instead of shhh.  You can say Theda.  That means no thanks.  I had a hard time with it and ot really strange looks from people when they tried to sell me stuff and I proudly announced Ta Da.  Yes I amuse myself sometimes.  I am really fun to Be.  
BUT...before I left Kutuk and my umbrella, I was hot and decided a Booggy Board was a god idea.  I rented his board and had a great time in the surf.  It was so much more fun than it was 50 years ago when I last worked the waves with a BB.  
Had my KFC and rice for lunch around the pool here at the hotel.  All in all a good day, but not what Thanksgiving day is all about.  It is about family and friends, the true things of value.
Everybody getting pics of the sunset of the week
Dinner but not my dinner.  On display in front of a restaurant.
My dining room for KFC
My Kutut and his Booggy Boards under my umbrella





No comments:

Post a Comment