Monday, November 18, 2013

A word about last my arrival and first day in Bali

Had heard nothing but bad about flying Jet star, and finally found out first and.  No problem with check in and everyone said they are really stricken about carry ons, so that's ok.  Had a great window seat as suggested by attendant, all good.  Once the in flight entertainment began, mine didn't work so it was give up window seat for bulkhead isle seat or forget entertainment.  Now this girl has been without TV for 3 months.  It's cloudy anyway so I go.  After about 30 min the volume goes out there too.  I'm furios.  Moved carry ons, and me and gave up window seat and still no entertainment.  go to a different attendant to request address to send complaint to about this crap airline.  He quickly provides me with an iPad equipped with many TV and movies.  Usually rent for $8 per flight.  Get to seat...no sound.  I go back and we realize it was my ears et ot my tv or iPad.  Got to watch 3 episodes of the Big Bang theory and laughed my self silly.  So on the 6 hour flight I got well entertained for 2 hours.  
Arrived in Bali, booked a hotel with shuttle so at 9pm I would be taken care of.  No show... New airport has no public phone and people just not good English enough to borrow a phone.  No wifi yet either, bit can walk  10 minutes to old airport, now domestic and get phone and Internet, I've heard that 10 min thing before, remember Bethlehem!  So I take a taxi .  Arrived at hotel down narrow dark road, not impressed until we arrive and very nice.  Enter explain and seems they haven't checked the Internet today.  I expect refund of taxi and get it.  Lime is great, service very good.  Only one electrical plug in the room.  I unplug it to charge iPad, now no TV.  Ok. Once iPad is charged enough to report in, I tried to turn on TV and cable off.  I couldn't fx it and didn't want to glory with it now so went to sleep.  On wake up I called about TV.  Some here instantly, could only get local channels all Indonesian or some other language.  He gets a friend and they fix it.  Then last night when I cane in, i could not get my key to work.  i just called over the rail and she brought me one.  im too tired to go down that beautiful spiral staircase again.   When I get the door open there was no electricity in my room. I called the desk.  They come up and seems you have to. HAve your key in this little slot to get power on.  I feeling pretty stupid by now.  So this morning when I couldn't get the coffee pot connected I decided to figure it out.  With only 1 plug they do ave a surge protector under the desk for other things.  The coffee pot cord is only about 4 inches long.  So I had to get down on the floor under the desk to make hot water.  While the water is finally heating I realized the cord s wrapped neatly up in the bas and was actually long enough to reach to the top of the desk.  So glad I did not complain about that.  Now that I have figured all this out, I hate to leave.  I just found out that the shuttle service also takes me to the mall and a each.  All it lacks s that view.  I'll keep looking, but this is acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment