Saturday, November 9, 2013

Packin and laughing

Laughing at myself again as I pack for the last leg of my trip.  Now I have it worked down to a back pack and a hand bag, which now I know is still too much, but hoping to be able to discard another outfit or 2 before coming back here.  Some f what I have is snacks and coffee.  I have a really long day and no lunch ordered so a little junk in case I get hungry, some awesome coffee.  It is called Old Town White coffee and comes in individual packets.  Already has sugar and cream in it and just the way I like it.  I will spend some time in Bali collecting and organizing my experiences, so will need my own coffee then.  I'm told that we can buy it in US too, so I recommend it.  You can also get it with just coffee and cream. I first had it in Nepal at Pastor Mann and Anita's house.  Most everywhere before that drank Nescafé , the I found Old Town!!!  
All packed.  M&b leave tomorrow for a 2 week trip to China.  We will all leave for the airport at 5:30am. My flight is at 7:10am and get there ... Gold Coast Australia at 20:20 then find the shuttle and the hotel, so will be a long day.  2 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur the a 2 hour time change so only a 1 hour and 8 hour flight.  See why I wanted a snack.  I'm on one of those s no frills airlines and they don't even include water.  They do sell it though and this time I'll be buying it.  Coming here from Kathmandu, I brought food but not drinks and tried to make .  This time not even trying.  
I am praying for favor with a window seat again, flying over some neat stuff if its not too cloudy.  
Had a great last day in Penang.  M and I went to the mall and had lunch.  I have really enjoyed the Indian and Chinese, and Mylasian food, liked everything but the Bean Curd Skin.  Not a fan.  Today I had chicken curry.  I had had it at one of the big meals at the school and could not remember it, so had it by itself.  Tonight we had good old American Pizza.  Don't know what they eat in OZ but I'll try it for sure.
After lunch I took 2 buses I have not Aiken befor.  Saw some very modern and fancy areas down by the airport.  I came in after dark and will leave before daytime, so was glad to see it.  The went 3/4 the way around the island, was going to have to wait an hour for the other 1/4 so took a straight across the island bus and the scenery was incredible.  Very high elevations and very low vallys,and rain forests.  This island has everything except dessert, and it does have sandy beaches.  It does not ave seasons, so no snow, and although the temp does not get very high, the humidity is so high that it seems as hot as anywhere I have ever been.  But find a shade and it is OK.  Here are some pics from today
From one of the mountains to the sea
A very large temple with praying buddah
Not uncommon to see people taking anap anywhere they decide too

Couple going to the temp,e
 

No comments:

Post a Comment