Friday, November 22, 2013

Just call e Julia

Ok now, I'm ok.  This is it.  Whatever it is, this is it.  I haven't even gotten on my boat yet but I'm Happy.  No hustle, no bustle, everybody happy. Having a bit to eat, cause don't know what the island will be like., but I love it here.  I am at a beach in Bali on the SE side.  Having spring rolls and coca cola.  Had more coke in Bali than I've had all trip.  They gave me a 2 liter with my pizza and another bottle yesterday.  So I guess it's still not a ton, but I had almost quit.  Has been a beautiful morning but clouding up in the direction I am going.  Bought me a new cap.  I don't even know how many I've lost at this point, but at least 4 if we count the one I through away cause it stunk.  I may have to do that with my sketchers.  They are rubber an webbing , and I put them in the wading machine in Australia with tide and the already smell bade  A&W again.  The shoes stink so they make my feet stink.  I know it is usually the other way around, but these shoes have been places.  They are very comfy and I don't know if another would be so I'm hanging on to them. Keeping them in a separate bag so they don't stink up everything. I know that TMI but a girl has to talk to someone.  I'm not staying at hostels in Bali and really miss talking to someone.  I am talking a lot when I get a chance.  Mainly taxi drivers.
Everyone you smile  at asks where are you from? Where are you staying.  Are you alone, where is your family. So I decided right away that I carry the hotel next door and give that to the driver are whoever ,I'm staying there and traveling with my family and they are out Scuba diving today.  I know now that they are just making conversation and those are the only words they know.  Or maybe they are looking for people traveling alone, staying in nice hotels.  Too much info is not good, but I hated saying, why do you as and it's none of your business.  They didn't understand that anyway.  So now I have a reasonable story and its working fine.  Last , just before dark, within 1000 yds of my hotel, I really nice American asked me if I wanted a ride on his motorcycle.  He was from ft hood, but of course I said no. But that is my first such approach.  I hope he just heard me talking somewhere and wanted to be nice.
I am tired but still on my toes.   But I have had TV a cable this week and am going to quit watching it.  I found a cyclone and a volcano near here.  I can make it fine not knowing that.  If you hear anything I need to know, Facebook or email me.  Theses next few days are planned for me time, to organizer what I've learned.  I am looking forward to reliving my last 3 months  

No comments:

Post a Comment