Monday, November 18, 2013

After a little break...

Been a little overwhelmed with trying to make the most of Bali.  I think my expectations were really high, and its not bad.  Called Island of the Gods, it is obviously a confused land.  Lots of Religious getting ill pic later.  A Huge statue by the airport of a God in a Chariot with horses.  Very poor everywhere I've seen.  Going to the Galleria in a little bit so maybe I'll change my mind. I really wanted to find a remote place with the beach out front and rice paddies out back, but havent found it yet.  I am in a beautiful little boutique hotel with god AC, TV,coffee, fridge, just not the view I wanted.  It is so hot here that AC is pretty important but all I require s view and wifi.  About 95% of accommodations are in about 19% of the land.  Beaches are not white, and soe volcanic and black.  Bus does not come near my hotel, so have to do taxi.  Yesterday I walked aLOT and just hope I don't do that again.  Breakfast here is amazing. Today, rice, chicken, greens, melon, and fried dumplings.  Actually dough that is fried.  Good but can't be good for you.  I should be loosing weight from all the walking and sweating but then fried dough for breakfast and you hope to break even.  My cloths are really showing wear.  No, I've thrown away most of what I brought from. Home, I'm wearing out what I've bought along the way.  I've cut off legs of pants and they are ok, but shirts don't last so well.i left some in KL that I can wear home.  
Massage here is everywhere.  They are in shops along the way then on the beach and around the pools.  I haven't indulged yet but pan too.  My left shoulder s screaming for it.  That back pack is ok but the tote bag on left shoulder s the culprit.  I looked at. Myself in. A mirror recently and there s a significant difference along my shoulder line.  Left looks ok, and it is the worn one.  The right looks hummed up.  I guess the weight is really. Throwing both sides ff.  same with the left knee.  It struggles a bit too, from the extra weight on that side.  Yeah I could change shoulders but try it.  After 66 years of carrying with the eft and sing the right it becomes habit and hard to change.  Uh oh, I'm complaining.  It is certainly not worthy of complaining, just a minor issue.  That makes the massage make sense, and gives it urgency!
Today marks 1 month until I head home.  Gotta admit I miss my family and friends,
.  Facebook has been a big help and support and comfort, but I want a hug that has history.  Oh yeah I hug strangers and people I just met,but I want your hug.  Everything reminds me of someone or something I miss. 
 I did plan for BAli to be the regrouping point for me.  I want to think about all I've seen and done and prioritize my lessons.  I am thinking a lot of things, but I know one thing so far.  Of course I'm thinking of Mike, and yes I still miss him desperately, but I think what I've learned is something everyone needs to know.  I loved him so much.  It was a good, strong, healthy. Love that was forgiving, and renewable, and never ending, but it still wasn't enough.  As I watch people I see, love one another,  I wish I could have loved him more.  Longer of course but more.  I don't know how to love someone more, but if you still have a chance, find a way to do it.  Seems like no matter how much it was, he deserved more and I loved him more, but how do you show them the depth of your love.  Find a way and show them
  Now off to learn more lessons
The chariot to the Gods
One f any beaches,  love the colorful little fishing boats,  women under this shade tree doing massages,  don't know how long but start at $5
This s what I did not eat, kinda purple in color, I know I ate some but theses jst kept rising to the top so took them out.  Was delicious fried seafood rice outside on the beach.

These colorful umbrellas are everywhere.  Theses are on states of what looks like short fat ladies but could e men
This beach has a lot of these Huge beautiful trees.  The idea of a big shade tree on a hot beach appeals to me.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment