Sunday, November 10, 2013

Australia...I think

The day started at 5am. Arrived at airport a little after 6 first flight at 7:10 arrived about 745very quick.  No visibility due to showers.  Next flight at 10:10 was a little late, no explanation, but suspect weather. First 3 hours were rub board bumpy.  Then cleared up with patchy thu dear heads over islands.  Beautiful blue water for awhile with lots of basically uninhibited islands.  Now over some land but no habitation.  Land is very patchy like marshland, but guess just lo w uninhibited islands.  The are kind av brownish pink, and the clouds over them look muddy.  Clouds kinda look like Texas snow on the 2nd day.  Like whitest clumps of mud.  Just weird.  As we took off, I had to almost pinch myself.  I spent most of my life thinking I would never see Australia.  The flights were longer than we thought we could make.  I don't know why we never thought of coming through Mylasia.  Yeah, 8 hours is long but not like the 23 hour flights from DFW.  I get in after dark so hope I can just take a bus.  Gold Coast is much bigger than I thought.  The airline booklet on the plane is featuring it this month and has a nice article with pics.  I don't remember how often but I do remember using that phrase a lot.  It is bigger than I expected.  The world is smaller but everything in it is bigger.  Tomorrow I check out Gold Coast and decide how long it will take me to see that area then book my flight on to Singapore.  Tuesday is tied up with travel/ exploring, as I fly to Hamilton Island then ferry to Arlie Beach then make my plans for a day trip of snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef for the next day then fly to Brisbane for a few days.  So I have to analyzing as I go so I know if I want to go that way again or. Not.  I expect it all to be about the same...beautiful.  There are mountains and rain forests around Gold Coast.  Snorkeling and surfing too. I hope to meet some people tonight who can giveme some good info about everything.
I never sleep on plans but have slept ok some of this trip.  I am in the back corner of about 450 folks.  3 rows from the back with only 2 seats in a window seat,  seems a little roomier than normal,  can cross my legs and even stretch them out, and about8 inches between my seat and the wall.  
Coming in to KL they said it was ok to take my coke from McD. So leaving KL I bought 2 bottles of water for the road.  I had to drink en or leave em so I drank 2 big 20 oz bottles.  Then after going through that, I bought another smaller size for my meds.  Then they checked our. Bags again and I had to drink it too.  So once on the plane I had to buy another bottle for my meds, and of course run to the bathroom.  Nothing is free on theses low cost. Carriers, but the fares are good.  Loosing 2 hours today, hope we get close oz before it gets dark.  I really don't think what I am looking at is it now, but it is still that red looking marshy area.  
Early part of trip, very blue water

Beautiful island but no inhabitants.  Some farming and look at the stone in the left by the clouds

Hardly dense enough to be land but to much 
Land to be water???
Yes! It is land and I believe again it is OZ. it is getting ridges like small mountain ranges and northern OZ is virtually un inhabited,  sun is setting so photo ops are about over but I'll try for one more 
No it is too late to tell but there are starting to be run off rivers and some lakes and a road now and then.  Should land in bout 11/2 hours

I'm here. It was too dark to anything till tomorrow



No comments:

Post a Comment