Monday, October 21, 2013

The view at the top

This is the view out my window.  Gotta be the best view in tow.  I went out to get pics of the sunset and turned around and the clouds are clearing.  I leave the hotel at 5am for a sunrise over the mountains so hope for better picks tomorrow.  I don't even think these are Mt Everest but they are gorgeous   Had a stunning 2 hours on a bus ride here.  Unfortunately the bus ride was from. 7:30to 3pm. It really was all great to look at, but remember the part about the very bumpy roads.  I am talking serious bumps that hurt my body.  2 hours would have been tough but 7.5 ugh.  But not it's just a distant memory.  Hope it's only a memory tomorrow when I get up.  Anyway, I did something last night and cut the power off to my I pad charging, so ended up on this gorgeous drive with no camera at all.  I travel again Wed so hopefully can get some good shots.  Only 7-1. I missed ya today though.  I always take the pics thinking I'm talking to someone telling you about that scene.  But I was not alone.  There were about 7 teenage boys that kept me laughing and helped me with some iPhone issues I was having. 
Time for some potty talk.  
Should it be embarrassing that I am getting pretty good at squat pot.  I talked to a guy the other day who pulled his hamstring doin the squat.  I avent ad any serious business, but getting better at #1. 
Today I asked my self, as I watched an 80 year old woman come out of the potty, " did she really squat and get up?"  Then I wondered if that is what people thought when they saw me come out!?
I'm just wondering if they can figure out how to put a porcelain squat pot in, why can't the just do a seat on it.  No one really wants to squat do they.
How much would it cost to add a bar to hold onto. I really don't want to fall in there
How about a hook to hang your purse on.  The floor is covered in other people's p, so you can't put it down.
Even in homes they say, there is a water shortage so we don't flush every time we pp.  just when it's necessary.  Now tell me, whose call is that.  Rancid p in the morning is not me favorite cup of p.
But then let's consider the 1st of our 4 breaks this morning.  PTL I did not need to go.  We pulled over in an ok place with a little snack bar and the driver yells toilets.  I wish!!!  We get out and I walk over to the edge and start looking over the edge of the mountain since I didn't need to go.  Well lo and behold, there was no toilet, you just walk down the mountain about 10 feet and do your thing.  Ladies to the left, guys to the right, There is nothing right about that, even in Nepal.  So when I looked over the edge I was looking at the heads of the potty goers.  I knew then it would be a long day
Enough potty talk.  I do have Internet here so I'll blog while I can, don't worry till Sunday.  Then I should be in good service again

Look closely and you can see the snow covered mts in the center.  Clouds over others
Sunset and clouds mainly but mts behind the clouds
As the clouds cleared

1 comment:

  1. love you, love your pictures, I don'teen as believe I could have been as accepting as you of your potty choices

    ReplyDelete