Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rabbi dies

At the age of 93 a very influential Spanish rabbi very involved in politics dies yesterday while I was gone to the Dead Sea.  When I started checking the bus schedule back I was to.d it could be unpredictable because of the death but maybe not cause the funeral was not until 6pm same day.  Well the 45 minute drive took over 4 hours because of the traffic.  Imagine downtown dallas with all the overpasses and cars pulled over and abandoned on both sides of the highway leaving 1 or 2 lanes open in the center.  Puses, delivery trucks everything parked along the road and up on the rub, even through tunnels.  Wherever they got to they parked.  Then all the people I the cars out and walking for miles to. The funeral procession or to the burial site. Not knowing what could be going on I thought it must be an earthquake, an explosion, way to iChat traffic for a cowboy game, what's up?  It  was amazing that that that kind of spontaneous reaction could have been a funeral.  Turns out 700,000 people were at the funeral within hours of the death.  Mourning and tearing off clothes in grief.  I didn't see the clothes off part, but read it on Fo. News with pics of the masses.  My battery was dead.  Finally the bus i driver told everyone who wanted to get off the bus to go wherever that they could.  Me and one other lady stayed with him.  We were deadlocked. Finally a little break in traffic and we made it to the central bus station.  But of course there are no buses cause they were all stuck I traffic.  I took the train that got me close to home and then is when it got funny.  There were masses of people waiting at each bus stop and waiting in the street cause NO traffic.  There were probably 2-300 people at each stop.  Of corse everyone wanted on ANY bus, just to be moving.  But everyone could not get on.  It was sold masses of bodies and I was in the front seat laughing my self silly at the faces, of course faces was all you could see.  I was in the front seat cause that is reserved for pensioners as we old folks are called, or disabled, and they were to smart to get out.  Anyway this old an had the same sense of humor as .i have and we laughed and laughed.  It was really cold an my shoes were still damp from the Sea, so the mass of bodies felt good to me.  He had on 2 coats so was warm and the door stayed open a long time at each stop but I was too busy laughing at people to be cold,  any way this is gonna be hard to describe but imagine an ice cream carton and an ice cream scoop.  The doors on the bus go kinda like an ice cream scoop.  The go out of the bus a little as they close.  Well there was a lady not quite on the bus and the door closed and sscooped her up from the outside and brought her into the bus.  The look on her ace could never be duplicated.  It was hysterical to me and my friend,  we were the only people who could see it.  Everyone else was back to her.  I could not even see out the bus to see my stop, but would not have objected to riding around longer, it was so funny.  Anyway when I found my stop and started getting off, the man next to me says, you must go, I told him yes, have fun, he said, but you are so warm.  It was quite a trip.
The day had been awesome at the Dead Sea.  I went to Masada.  It is a beautiful location. But I really don't appreciate the story o choose not to participate in the tour.  It is a mountain held by a Jewish group about 2000 years ago and the Romans were coming up the mountain and their fate was sealed so they all killed their families then the men drew lots to by 10 to see how killed each other until there was only 1 man left to be captured.  My heart wondered why they could not trust God to intervening like the Children of Israel did when Moses led the out of Egypt.  Where was their faith?  Where was that individual wo could step up and speak up when murder and suicide seemed like the only hope.  I just could not celebrate that idea so enjoyed the view and headed off for a mineral. Bath.  Now that may have been my best idea of the year.
wow, for 78 sheckels. Less than 20 usd I floated in the most extraordinary baths. 4 feet deep and 15 feet round, warm and loaded with minerals.  It felt like I expect weightlessness would feel like.  You could feel a little pressure on your body from the water lifting you up. Just that experience would be worth the cost of the trip over here.  I can't believe isaid that, but it was totally awesome.  Nothing like Hot Springs Ar.  The minerals make all the difference.  The awhile in the cool tub, still mineral filled and great butas great as the warm pool?  Now outside to a regular pool, skipped it, the a little ride down to the beach, with chairs, shades, mud bathes or floating in the sea.  I was only going to get in and flat nd eave just to say I'd done it.  Oh no,  it was the greatest.  At about knee deep, you start walking like a drunk cause your feet want hardly go down the want to flat.  But you can focus and pus and get about waist deep but then it is ard to stand up.  In that water you body is so limber you can do things you avent been able to do,since you were 2 years old.  It was an unbelievable experience.  Then a buggy ride back and showers with Dead Sea shampoo and soap.  Oh my what a great day.  Pics to follow, battery about dead and don't want to loose the post again

No comments:

Post a Comment