Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hello UAE

I sorta thought this would be a great place, and yeah so far so good.  All new in the last 50 years.  Built with our Oil money.  We could have that money if we  weren't     so worried about spotted owls and stuff like that.  I got here after dark but it's gotta be great.  I'm in an awesome room 3 blocks from the beach.  I'll be checking trout tomorrow.  I would really like to just stay in the room in the cozy fluffy robe , drink coffee and tea and sit in the tub and watch the news, but I won't .  I'll get out there be a tourist.  Just one day to take it all in.  Today was a wonderful day.  Bus to airpot 1 hour ride then wait   3. hours, fly 2 hours then wait 4 hours then fly 1 hour then bus 1 hour.  Up at 7am in hotel by 11pm.  Would have been fine if Internet worked in Bahrain.  The airports were all very nice, and clean and sorta on the new side.  The flights were about the best I've ever had.  As we flew over Saudi Arabia, it was sad to see so little value to that pitiful desert, the I suddenly remembered the oil they have under they stinking desert.  Pretty good trade off.  As we flew, I could see the dust storm coming.  No clouds and you could tell it was not moist, but it completely obscured the ground from 3300 ft.  You could really understand how people get lost in stuff like that.  In Bahrain there was still sand in the air and it is an island.   Had to be a little curious about how close all this to Pakistan.  Never thought about it till I watched that map if the flight in the plane.  
When I got to  Abu Dhabi and got through customs, a nice security person showed me to the bus stop and took my luggage to it and told me it cost 4 whatever's.  I said oh no y'all have different money too.  I was jst in Bahrain and changed it to their money.  I started glancing around seriously looking for an ATM or change station, they are almost everywhere.  He put a 5 whatever in my hand and said, here , that's ok.  I almost cried as I said thanks and God Bless you.  That was the kindest thing to do for a stranger.  I was touched and will be praying for God to repay him in His way.  Can you believe I'm God Blessing people here in the midst of a mosque on every corner.  I was so happy I didit from my heart cause if I had thought about it I would have been reluctant.  But he says not to deny him and not God Blessing TS man would have been hiding God in my heart and not sharing him.  Well a bunch of us waited for the bus.  There were 3 young people behind me speaking good English and looking at the bus schedule.  I wasn't sure if there had been a time change so I asked them what time it was here and one thing led to another.  They were from the 
Philippians and here working as nurses.  Had been to the airport to see a sister off to go home for a visit.  Most skilled jobs here are taken by foreigners, but locals are ok with it cause they are not qualified, and there is too much growth for locals to cover it all.  They speak Arabic but most speak English pretty well.  While we visited they were so adorable and we talked like old friends,  they wanted to know how my kids fill about my travels.  Young people always ask about my family.  In their minds they are imagining how they would fill if their Mom went crazy. I explained to them that Psalm 24 says the Earth is the Lords and all that is within it, so was not traveling alone.  As a Christian I know The Lord is always with me and put special people like them in my path.  They were very concerned about me traveling alone.  They took my luggage when the bus came and loaded it for me, then when one got on she told the driver it was for 4 and she smiled at me and said she wanted to do it.  We rode on the bus a long time and talked.  When it was time for them to get off they asked if I wanted to go as far as I could on the bus and then get a taxi or would I be ok to get off there and they would hail a taxi and tell them where to take me.  As I got up and got off in a very nice area with them they got my bags, hailed a cab and all hugged twice, I gave them my card and they gave me their phone number and said to call them if I needed anything or had any questions. god is so good.  Send me ministering angels when I needed a tender touch.
All in all a great day!

Just a pic to prove my point.  Muslim influence is everywhere.  This is an international airport and the have prayer rooms so Muslims can go pray at their designated times.  Notice that men and women do not pray together.  See the sigh overhead


1 comment:

  1. God is so Good! I love you mom, and I love reading your blog. And I am so, so happy you can see God at work. Enjoy Abu Dhabi!

    ReplyDelete