Saturday, October 19, 2013

Beautiful day in Nepal

When I woke up in Katmandu this morning and it was just as beat up and run down as it was last night, I was ready to make my excuses and move on.  Instead I went to the rooftop for breakfast enjoyed a visit with great guys from NY and Toronto. They were to trek and we had a great N American visit about, politics and religion, and travel.  The I got a cab to Franklins.  He was a student and dear friend of my cousins in Myalysia.  He and his wife and 2 kids are precious.  We will go to their church tomorrow here in Kathmandu.  They are renting a wonderful home home here in Lilitup Nepal, 15 min out of city.  Much nicer area than downtown Kathmandu. The family of husband, wife a 19 month old girl and 9 year old boy s precious.  They have extra bedrooms that they provide for traveling ministers, missionary's, family and friends.  They can't actually rent it but we can make donations to their ministry.  Great deal.  Attached some pics from my balcony on 2nd floor.  Also as rooftop from 3rd floor and washing machine on next level after roof.  Today we went for a walk to buy food for diner.  Shops are unbelievable.  Cows and chickens and goats along the street with a good number of pedestrians but not crowded.  Not many cars here as everyone rides motor cycles.  Probably not e.  well see.  Today we saw rooster and 2 hens across the road from a place that sells chickens ready to cook.  Had to wonder what those chickens were thinking.  they will probably be laying on that counter tomorrow.  We had spaghetti tonight.  Made with Buffalo.  Another 1st I think.  There are mountains all around but most about like Colorado.   Then in the distance you can see the snow capped tops of taller ones.  Cloudy today but I'll get pics soon.   Kathmandu is in a valley so temp today ranged 55-75.  Been raining a lit lately but not normal.  Result of the Cyclone that hit India.  I think I'm fine not going to India.  This is pretty close to what I expected there and frankly more beat up than I expected here.  Taj Majal, not so impressive after all I've seen.  Lady staying with Franklin and family has filled me in on Thailand and Indonesia and Myalysia and I think I'm gonna be just fine without India .  So far now enjoy theses pics.

Off my balcony

Off balcony
Early morning view from other hotel in Thamel, a nice section of Kathmandu.  See why I was ready to flee!
View from hotel this morning in the other direction
 

No comments:

Post a Comment