Monday, October 28, 2013

Just a thought. Today I read this in an email from friends Frick and Frac.

Help her live her life to the fullest. Please cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her to shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs You the most, and let her know when she walks with You, she will always be safe.  It is from the book of Esther.  As I ave traveled, I have certainly seen a disturbing trend that this speaks to.  The way women live outside of America.  
In turkey I mentioned that they seemed sad as though life had been hard and they jst existed and had no value.  It was as if the were worthless and had no option to do better
In Greece their was evidence that husbands had no respect for them and neither did God.  They could not .speak in church and could not sit on the same side as men. I did not see them working in stores or anywhere else.
In Israel.  They lived but they lived separately from men.  They walked behind the men.  They were not allowed on the same floor in the synagogue but were in the balcony. a fence separated then at the wailing wall even in prayer.  The more religious the man the less he has to do with is wife as in talking and praying, but sex is ok cause the more kids the better.  10 is a good number.  Even in the souk the men did the shopping
In Jordan it  got crazy as I mentioned, looking up and realizing I was the only female for as far as I could see in every direction.  The women who I saw in other areas were few and far between, and only men worked in stores.  Most women wore the outfit where only the eyes showed.  Men looked at you as though you had green slime all over you.
In Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah, I thought there was a gay convention going on.  All the men were by 2 and usually holding hands.  Public display of affection in UAE is frowned on, but ok with gays.  No women anywhere except the hotels.  I went for a very long walk , men everywhere , maybe 3 women.  On the buses full of men and me.  On the buses there are signs on the front half of the buses saying Ladies only and the men stand in the back of the bus.  Usually the front was me and maybe a man with a child, and maybe another woman or 2 , but never full, but men were told to get back by the driver if they come in front of that 2nd door.  They are all gay so not gonna try anything, what's up.
In the airport, women working, but not flying.  I counted the little area I waited in and with 40 men were 4 women.  Me and a family with Dad and mom and 2 daughters.  The en are well heaved, but not well annexed.  Pushing and shoving like little boys.  We are all getting on the same bus to go to the same airplane for assigned seats, so what's the rush.  We're all getting there at the same time.  Getting off was just as bad.  The minute the forward motion ends they are out of those seats and pushing as we taxi to the gate.   Gotta love some of our federal regulations.   Being a 66 year old woman cuts you no slack.  They are pushing and shoving just the same.  No one on the bus from plane to gate offered a seat to me or the only other lady who was young and carrying a child and luggage.  The men were ALL young and should have offered both of s a seat.
So here are some thoughts.  They were not taught Anne's so what was momma doin.  Was she at home being mistreated by the whole family, was that a choice or a culture.  How long did it take for women to feel worthless and stay out of life.  Are women so useless in the lives of young men that they choose gay over women cause they really think there is green slime on all women.  This culture or religion, is it forced on them or chosen by them.  I have a lot to learn and living with a native Nepalese wife and Mylasian husband for a week may help.  This is a Christian couple that are friends of my cousin, and they run a guesthouse, but I hope to see how life is in Nepal.  
So far it is ver third world ish.  
Last night on the way to the hotel,none of the streets were paved.  Many storefronts  were corrugated tin.  Here in this hotel, cheap year but highly rated, the bathroom is spotless,ad bedding ok, but towels look filthy.  Folded early on the bed, but dingy.  White and never been bleached.  In the bathroom the windows are a lattice sorta concrete and the noise of the neighborhood is amazing.  I gotta admit, I sorta dread going out there, but that is what I'm here for.  It does not sound scary, but uncommon.  I feel a strange new word waiting.  Here I come Nepal
Here are some pics from UAE.  Oh my goodness I forgot to mention flying over Pakistan.  I just assumed we would go around it like Cuba, but NORight over it.  Very desolate.  Only saw a coupe of small towns.  And covered with jagged mountains.  I would be a miserable human if I called that hoe too
Inside the largest mosque on earth.  Folks we need to pay attention to ths.  Everywhere you stand you can see from 3 to 15 mosque.  They are seriously everywhere.  I wish the act that we are a Christian Nation was as evident as is the fact that theses are muslin countries.  To say nothing of the fact that they have the calls to prayer off and on all day long and the mega loud speakers on every corner Akers sur nobody misses it.
It really is a beautiful facility and Hugh
The Persian Gulf at Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi skyline.  A really beautiful, coastal city.  Very new and clean

1 comment:

  1. my dear friend you are educating us all. It's amazing what you are doing and seeing. Can't wait to sit with you and hear again how Amazing our GOD really is.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete