Thursday, October 31, 2013

I think I'm melting

This place is beautiful and it really does not feel ashot as Texas, but I can't keep from sweating.  I am wet and dripping all the time.  There is about a 2 inch wet ring around my shirt neck and my pants or skirt stays wet.  TMI...I understand.  Lived in East Tx many years but never seen anything like  hope it weighs something.  
Anyway, spent the morning reps king and looking for that razor and those shoes.  No luck.  Went to Tesco today and replaced the razor but Marsha warned me that the shoes aren't very old so still looking for shoes.  Tesco is kinda like a Cosco.  Wonder if anyone has one in the US.  All very familiar.  This one is a 3 story building with other things in the building.  Had a McD and this time I fell into temptation and had a fries and a A&W cabinet free next isle.   It was good but now to deal with the salt intake.  Life IS good.  
Went to help out at the Seminary Library today. But someone already beat me to it.  It's end of semester here and everyone is trying to get extra credit or Volunteer hours in so not much for a stranger in town to do.  I enjoyed spending time online looking at Thailand and Bali.  Trying to catch up on the news. I really haven't seen news since Israel.  Anything I need to know except Obama wants to show us all he is President and we are sticks on the ground he wants to step on.
Went to lunch at the Semiary with Marsha & Bill.  Had a great lunch, then went again tonight for an appreciation dinner for the staff by the graduating class.  I think that is what it was. I just know it was a ton of awesome food that I did not have a clue what I was eating.  I started with Spagetti, and got better and better.  Fruits I recognized then chicken and prawns and fried veggie patties, and some kind of pancake thing with prawns all over the tops of them.  I got busy talking with some one who used to live in Texas and didn't get to finish but it was all good.  Anyway I am eating too much in Maylasia .
I met a lot of really nice people today and tonight and it is precious how much they love my cousins.
From America and all over Asia.  One lady I met seemed about my age and from Calif but Asian.  She and her husband had been serving in China for about 7 years doing classes on the life of Christ.  Last year he was caught preaching The Gospel and kicked out of China.  He now lives in Taiwan or taipai
And she sees him about every 2 months.  That really touched my heart that they give up senior time together to share the Gospel. That is a special kind of Love on both levels.  Pray for special people like these all over the world.  Goodnews is Christianity is growing in Asia.  Coe on America lets lead the way on this front.  Oh how great a nation we could be if we turned back to God.  The One true and living God.
On a lighter note...last night I had to laugh out loud at myself.  The two suite cases I have are both really to big to be carry ons but if I scrunch one up and band it, I can get it small enough to carry on ,twice so far.  I sent my backpack home with that load from Israel last month, so here was my thinking.  
I'm just going to Australia and Bali and only gonna e gone about 3 weeks, so I could buy a cheap back pack  the carry the few things I'll need.  That laws when I laughed.  Considering the big pic, a 3 week trip to Australia and Bali is like an overnighter.  My how my thinking has changed.  Not so long ago that itself would have been a plan for months pack for weeks trip.  Anyway I amused myself on that, but probably will do jst that.  I have learned to wash every night in the sink and keep on going.  Plan to be in my swimsuit and shorts most of the time anyway.  A skirt for church and I'm packed.  Flying to Gold Coast which is just south of Brisbane on the 10th.

The view from the Seminary



1 comment:

  1. really looks beautiful! So glad you are meeting so many wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete