Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Eid Mubarack

Means happy and blessed holiday here in Jordan, per Regina.  Thanks dear?  
Real slow day with many things closed.  But plenty open.  Walked a bit and took some pics.  Kinda slept in till 8:23.  Late for this traveler.  Had a nice breakfast of omelet with tomatoes and bell peppers. Humps, which I'm learning to be ok with.  Comes in different flavors based on spices added, then another cheeses that is soft and creamy.  Pretty good, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, big plate of bread and 2 slices of lemon cake, and of course Nescafé. And great preserves of some kind.  Not any jelly, but always much richer and fruitier than regular jelly.  I did stop later and have another chicken lunch, with tenders, fries, and pita bread and coke.served with a great garlic dip.  Looks like powdered sugar an milk for sleazed donuts but its garlic not sweet.  Maybe a touch of lemon but good on bread, chicken or fries.
Back at the little cafe at the hotel, watching people.  Not many people though.  On my walk I went the way I've gone before and saw a sign saying city center so I too the curve to it.  After walking awhile and no big change in scenery, it was just the back side of the one I was on.  You know how one way streets do, so I knew exactly where I was, but noticed that out of hundreds of people on the streets for a block or so, as far as I could see, I was the only female.
  I picked up the pace and took the next left and got ack to the street I am familiar with.  I guess on this holiday, women stay home.  The only women I have seen, were tourist like myself.  I took my iPad today so here are some better pics.  The roman theater, the citadel, just some areaaround the theater and yes, a man preparing the sheep skins after the meat was used for the poor.  Love

No comments:

Post a Comment