Monday, October 14, 2013

Amman Jordan

Really not much to see here.  But I will be out seeing it.  The city itself quite a trip.  Very dirty.  Plastic bags everywhere and in large quantities.  Businesses look pretty normal, but then on the sidewalk by the street are vendors selling everything.  So you can barely walk down the street, and if you are in the street you cannot get to the stores.  I had to walk to the next street to get from my cab to the hotel,  well our cab.  Over here they stop and pick up people as they go.  We left the bus station with 3 passengers and then 5 then 3 as so forth.  Everyone paid about $4.50 and I don't know if he ever got through.
Really old hotel with bad wifi so I moved today.  Tons better.  Near the ancient theater.  Seen 2 in Greece but I'll go take a look cause not much else here.  The Arab music in the street is a hoot.  Yes they do dress like Arabs here.  Towel head, women in black with nothing showing but eyes.  Last night I got pretty excited to find a bristled chicken place.  I shopped awhile then went back for my chicken. Shucks.  It was an od sign and no chicken.  Seeing all the great dishes on fb makes ,
Me want to eat my computer.  But I found a place that ad pita with pig,  that's what he said, pitawith cheese and pita with spinach.  So I made a meal out of it all.  
My trip across the border was pretty un eventful, except when I told off that Arab axi driver in a very polite way.  He was lying to me about catching a bus and telling me the only way to get to Amman was taxi.  I knew better, but wanted to go to the nearest bus station.  He said no buses.  He was the only one in the group sitting around waiting for a passenger who spoke English enough to answer my questions, so after I finally said I didn't ave enough money for Amman by cab.
, he found a closer place.  You pay the cashier at the taxi store, so when I paid him I announced that I wanted the ride but a different driver cause I did not like that man.  Everyone snickered and he shut up and a nice young man drove me for about $33 and the bus the rest of the way was about $3.  But the border crossing is Nowhere and you have to get there, then a bus across the border, the a taxi to another bus then a taxi to hotel.  At best, not fun.  That's how the Arabs and Jews hate each other.  Crazy
But I was really dreading that first step of leaving my great Inn in Nazareth.  About a mile down hill to get to a taxi stand or bus station with some steps.  Left about 8am.  Got to where I thought I could get the bus to find out I was about 3 football fields in the wrong direction, so finally found it.  There would be about 5 hours on the bus with about 30 stops and then more time for border crossings stuff as mentioned above.  When I got to my bus stop, ataxi driver walked up and asked where I was going.  I told him and he began to talk about all those things I just mentioned and was dreading and offered to drive me in about an hour for )40.  Best $40 I ever spent.  He loaded and unloaded my luggage and was very friendly from Finland and we talked all the way.  He pointed out things along the way.  I knew he was the answer to my prayer.  I have not used a taxi any on my trip, and yesterday used 3.  Am I getting soft or just knew my limitations, and am in Arab territory.
The Arabs at both my hotels ave been really nice though.
Gonna go see what Arabs eat for lunch.  Just a reminder to me this is when I'm having all that trouble with Verified by Visa activation.  But I did get a room to go with my ticket to Abu Dhabi.  At least I can ake it that far.






No comments:

Post a Comment