Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chitwan

I missed my bus stop so just went to Chitwan a day early.  Gods idea.  almost primitive.  No cars some trucks, some motor bikes, lots of bicycles deliveries made on bikes. Ladders carried on bikes. some horse drawn carriages, some riding Elephants and carrying London Elephant.  Electricity off 3  times  In 24 hours.  Dinner in hotel by candle light.  Best meal I've had in a week cause I had no clue what it was and could not see it.  Chicken patties, rice and fried veggies.  Nothing in Nepal has seemed clean, but acceptable. Cannot find a restaurant, or hotel that is better than the others so be happy and eat and sleep.  
The people here are unbelievably friendly.  At the animal reserve, the entire hotel staff of about 12 guys was at my beckon  call.  They came to get me when meals were ready , took me to everything ,available, in town.  It was like having my grands on hand to take care of me.  Riding on the bak of Tacos bike with my luggage between us was my fav, but the canoe was great until we saw the the crocks having sex and later another one resting.  We saw monkeys, and kingfishers, peacock and boar hogs.  Enough for me,  and the Elephant breeding compound.  That night was a Cultural program and I think everyone in town came.  Lots of native dance ,music and costumes .  Next morning, breakfast and a truck ride to the Elephant safari.  We rode Elephants for 2 hours all over te jungle, basically looking for something wild. , not me, I really did not want to see anything Big and wild altough I was on an Elephant he was slow. But on my goodness we went Down a hill to get in the river and Up hill to get out.  There was a rider, then a Steel box that 4 of us sat on up on the Elephant.  They had deer stand looking wooden stairs and plAt forms that we climbed he walked out on the Elephants back.it was way cooler than I expected.  Saw basically the same things as before plus about 80 deer in 3 different types.  Spotter deer or summer deer.  Looked like a full size Barbie that never lost its spots bu the size of a. Mule deerThen regular looking mule deer, and then barking deer.  About the size of Parker county deer but sorta  , dark red, with short stubby horns.  
After the ride it was back to the hotel and another bath and lunch then my new friend arrived to take me to his home.  He is a pastor in his town where I am now.  This where I met Birkram while I waited for Manuel. Birkram is 23 yo travel planner, in Chitwan. Adorable with a big white smile.  Was orphaned 10 years ago when both parents died in the same year.he was very happy to meet a foreigner.  Feels trapped in Nepal with no family, and unable to do anything to advance.  He is of Hindu faith, but not practicing. Sees no hope in Nepal or Hindu. Severe have expressed the same frustration about no hope for advance in Nepal.  We talked about hope and Jesus, and he was ready to make a change.  I explained how to ask Jesus into his life and he wanted to do it.  We prayed, and by the the paster hold be at the hotel so I took him to meet Birkram and make sure he understood what he we were saying.
He talked with him and got his number and told him where the earnest church was.   We talked a bit more and exchanged contact info. Pray with me that he follows through and let's God make a difference in his life.
Drove home, stopped and picked up my ticket to fly to Kathmandu tomorrow, Saturday.  Then came to pastors house.  He speaks good English but his wife none.  They live about 5 houses from their church, which if one room.  If had chairs would seat about .25 chairs, but here holds about 80 people, many standing outside.. They are building a new. Church next door to their. Home.  Have been here about 38 years.  Owned the land and donated it to the church.  His 102 yo mother lives. Out back.  She speaks no English but we talked with each other for a long while today.  Both smiled a lot and enjoyed the visit.  Afterwards, I was scheduled to share with the ladies. Of the church.  Pastors daughter and granddaughter are here for a visit, so she interrupted for me.  I was really not nervous, and had prayed about it a lot, am
Nd this was one of the repos for my trip, so actually was excited about it.  Probably had about 20 ladies.  Shared my testimony and family and. Trip experience, the some verses that were important to me for them, and a couple God had expressed upon me, and I pray and believe it went well.  What ison my  heart as i havee mentioned is the back seat position so many women around the world are taking.  I reminded  them that God created men and women I his own image, and God doesn't make mistakes, and we all have a purpose in life and if we don't each one do what God. Has called us to do, then that part want be done correctly as only we can do.  We talked about Joy and encouraging one another.  They all sat on the floor and the interpreter and I sat in chairs.  Tomorrow at real church I work with children.  Pray with me that God will repair any
Thing  I mixed up and and bring to their mind anything I left out.  Theses are wonderful women  and happy and content.
Yesterday was a day I hope I will never forget.  About 4:30 I went for a walk.  I felt like the prince who wore no cloths or the pipe piper.  No sooner left the yard until people started staring.  I smiled and put my hands together as praying bowled my head and said Jaime see, as is the custom for Christians to say Hello in Nepal.  Non Christians say Nomisee so you can tell a Christian.  After a block I gathered about 5 kids the 8, then about 4 uniformed girls raced out of school with a million questions in Englsh.  
They were so excited to find an American, they wanted to show me their school.  I told them only if my little friends could come.  They agreed and off we ran.  It was like movie.  They took me to their class for everyone to see me.  They asked me a ton of questions so I just told them all about me and my trip.  Added a little geography and asked a few questions in return.  Then they asked me to sing.  Oh no, my grand don't even let me sing, but I sang for them. I sang deep in the heart of Texas.  Only got 2 lines and another bunch came in to meet me.  Students and teachers.  I told them about church on Saturday, and told them all to stay in school and graduate and come see me in Texas.  It was a boarding school for 14-16 yo..  As I tried to leave about 16 of them insisted on walking me out, on the way out they took me to the canteen to meet the cook, then to their Hostelm where the lived with 8 bunks per room.  They each one showed me their own bunk.  That was what got tome.  The pride they had on having a bed,mattress and sheet and pillow.  Very likely never had one before.  Very clean and neat but old and beat up.  But it was theirs and they were happy to show it off.  They each one told me how happy they were tomeet me andi invited them to church again.  They explained that they could not leave the school except on school trips, but one told. Me several times that she was a Christian.  I told the others that Jesus loves them to and ask them if I could pray for them. With an overwhelming yes, we all held hands and I prayed. For their education, AND school, and their future, and that they would come to know Jesus.  Then we met the teachers again and they shook my hand and thanked me for coming and said it really made the students happy to have visitors.  Then the girls all took me to the gate.  When I say we went or the took. Me.  There were about 6-8 touching me every step, they were so careful that I not stumble or fall that I could hardly walk.  At the gate they got in a line to hug me and I knew I had been hugged.  I walked away looking over my shoulder to see them still waving.  Now rejoined by my little friends on bikes and walking, they walked me home.  My heart was so full I could hardly get through the gate.  God ga blessed me again and again.  Today after sharing with the ladies, I took my cue from the girls yesterday and stood at the door as they left and got hugs from all of the.  Felt very familiar as that is how I tried to end my sales meetings for the last
26 years.  
This really a friendly town.  Everyone has a garden and busily picking or plowing or burning or hoeing.  This home is very nice as well, for Nepal.  Not a lot of electricity, water or other things we take for granted but everything you need.  I am definitely seeing how excessive we are. In America.  Am personally going to try to get by with less when I get home, but flushing toilets as often as I like, and using TP will not be on my cut list.  I smell supper so goodnight.  Everyone goes to bed around dark.



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog post! And what a wonderful adventure! Love you

    ReplyDelete