Friday, August 30, 2013

Where everyone is Beautiful

Today has been WOW!!!
Banks were closed for Holday but Hagia Sofia was open.  Thought it was Thursday and found out it was Friday so saw it.  Meet a nice Turksh man 37 yrs old who stayed with me for a very long time showing me Sofia then Hippodome back to Blue Mosque then Bazarre where I wanted EVERTHING.  Oh my gosh I was glad my bags were filled to the max and I could not buy anything. Then to his store where his uncle tried to sell me a $2000 Turkish Carpet.  All very nice and I knew there would be a catch but couldn't seen to shake him.  He was great company and very knowledgeable.  Left the carpet shop to get lira at ATM.  And back home.  Looking lost on the corner another Turkish man commented on my confused look and offered assistance.. Fortunately I was only on the same block as hotel.  He was very pleasant and polite and asked if I would please. Come into his sop.  I obliged
And unfortunately it was upstairs.  He offered me drink, I wanted water and he insisted I try tea so I choose apple tea.  All of them are very hospitable.  I tried to look around and be polite.  He kept telling me lovely things and being very attentive.  Way to attentive and flirtatious, even to the point of a back and foot massage.  Better than I've gotten at the high price places.  He laid a carpet on the floor an told me to lay down so he could fix my back.  Way to familiar but foot and back were so good I layer on my passport and money and got the best massage ever.  He asked if hecouldclosethe door so I got up and left.  Wow.  That is something I nerVer considered.  A woman alone from America looks like rich easy Pickens.  Lesson well learned.  I am neither.  Now I will not be so friendly.  Don't worry girls, momma still has her head on straight.  I thought all I needed to protect was my money, not my virtue too.   Off to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment