Saturday, December 7, 2013

Well I guess I'm the only woman around who can turn a 1hour flight into an all day task

I got here about 2:30.for my 6:00 flight which was delayed to 8:45.  There was another flight same airline at 7:30 and they put a lot of our people on that flight.  Now the last flight has left and I'm concerned because there are only 6 people left.  Ok they just had. Meeting with u s and we are still going.  There will only be the six of us and crew.  Strangest thing I've ever seen an airline do.  But hey. I'm ok with it.  Would rather be there cause the Internet here is out and 6 hors without Internet and with TV I can't understand is BORING .  That is just how things go here.and in many of the places I've visited.  It's like the country s being run by 8 year olds.  They just don't know how've to run a country or a business.  How did we, the new kids on the block in the big scheme of things, get smart so quick.  We need to go back to those history books and start being thankful for our forefathers.  What they did worked and I bet we've changed too much and just need to get back on target to lead this world for sure.  Yes God has blessed us,  but he has blessed other countries as well and they can't even run a sewer system, much less a country.  Just looking at roads and transportation systems, is earthshaking.  Take my hotel for instance.  breakfast is free.  So you go down get a ticket from the desk, sign in on a hand written paper beside your name, then tell then from the buffet what you want then sit down and wait.   In the first place why not just show your room key.  Then why do you need to sign in?  What about privacy issues?    Why can't they just put it on the plate when you show them what you want and then bring your drink to the table.  Never been over 8 peope in there when I was.  Then if you get a second coffee or a piece of fruit or an extra anything, they charge you.  A banana is 18 pesos or about40 cents.  Either include them or don't have them.  Today I didn't want fish so took 2 eggs.  They gave me fish anyway.  I didn't eat the fish.  A few minutes after I went back to. My room, the little girl who takes the money came to my door to see if I wanted the 15 peso egg put on my bill or pay now.  I paid now.  No need to try to explain.  Those words are not part of her list of words.  They are very sweet about any mistakes but I think smiling and acting like it is not a problem, just makes it worse.  But their culture is sweet and nice and it really doesn't matter.  So they live in poverty because they don't call wrong wrong.  I probably could live like that, but I choose not too.  After the first 2 nights I changed rooms cause there was an AC outside my window that was clattering so bad it woke me up both nights at 3am. The new room the Internet didn't work.  They were so nice that I tried to be ok with it and do my Internet in the dining room.  Yesterday it was so hot in the dining room that I was sitting still on the Internet and sweating.  I went to the desk and gave her 1 hour to get Internet in my room or move me again.  This was about the 3-4 time I ad called it to their attention.  This time I was firm and in 5 minutes I ad Internet.  I just hate that it often seems like you have to be rude to get the job done.  I want to be nice!  Yeah, my plane is here

No comments:

Post a Comment