Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Personal day.

Slept in, packed and went to Christmas Luncheon with Seminary folk then Marsha went with me to the beach where I did something I have wanted to do for at least 20 years.  I went Parasailing in Batu Ferringgi, Mylasia   I was down to my last 51 ringgit, so when the little old man said you wanta fly, and I said yes, how much, he told me 80 ringgit and I told him to much...he walked off.  He obviously didn't think I was serious.  So I approached him again, and told him I really did want to go but I only had 51 ringgit could I go for that, he said he would do it for 50.  He got me all fixed up, Marsha was there and kept him honest.  He explained why I needed staff to go along...and I was apprehensively excited.  Got all in my. Harness, man with me knew my rules.  He is not supposed to say a word cause I wanted to be alone up there.  He was perfect.  To start off you have to be ready to run a step or two then lift off.  Unfortunately I was not headed the same direction as he and the boat, but befor I got straightened out, we were in the air.  He said you can let go now and that's all he said.  I yelled and squealed and oohed and Ahhed for awhile then enjoyed the serenity and peace of it all, then told him it was ok if he talked now.  He said ok but that's about all.  We had not been up for 20 seconds and I was already thinking how could I get another 50 ringgits it was I ever imagined it would be.  Quite, the parachute flapping in the air was all I really heard, except for me squealing.  I waved at folks as we went by and they waved back.  It really was a great experience.  A great way to end my Adventure.  Then we walked along the beach, chatted along, sat awhile, all in all a great day.  And so the adventure of life continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment