Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Back to home away from home.

Been ack in Penang Sunday, thru thurs...it's now Wed noon ish .  Leave here tomorrow about 2:30 to head to the airport then Penang to KL then to Tokyo then Dallas.  About 6 hour ay over at KL andTokyo .  A 6 hour flight and a 12 hour flight and a 1 hour flight.  Christy is scheduled a Hysterectomy for my 2am Thursday morning and will be home before I get there.  Believing all will be fine.  God is good and trying to grow through my kids going through something big in my absence.  I have been blessed to always be there for such events.  4 months is a long time and a lot.  happens where I am and where I am not.  
These last days in Penang have been a great winding down time.  Very few decisions to make and loved ones to share with and be cared about, by.  I really love, enjoy and appreciate Marsha and Bill.  They are so calm, cool and collected, seem to live in a state of peace and calm.  That kind of environment is a real change of pace for me at home and abroad.  I like " boring" as they call it.  I have gone back to pick up a few things I saw last time and didn't buy until I checked out everything else.  And planning to go parasailing this afternoon.  Having a Christmas luncheon at the seminary today.  Went to a beautiful place on the other side of Penang last night.   Really a cool pace and magnificent view of the island and especially of the island.  We ran a little late and almost missed the sunset and pretty much missed the island view, but it was also great by night.  It probably would take 3-4 hours to drive around the island and this pace was a bit further than they remembered.  I got to see a lot more sunset than Marsha and Bill, he was driving and the us and downs and turns of the curvy mountain roads stressed her eyes, so they didn't get to see as much as I did, between the trees.  We had fun, saw the sights and had a good dinner.  They will just have to go again earlier and they can do that, since they live here.  I can't believe I have been in the land of cheap massage for 2 months and have not indulged yet.  I guess it was not that important since I kept putting it off.
Monday , Marsha and I went to visit a friend in the hospital with Dinky fever.  Get it from misquotes .  Not contagious.  Then to lunch and the mall.  Really enjoy running with my cous.  Just lie it was with Paula in Alabama in March except we are on Marsha's home turf.  In Alabama, Paula and I were both tourist.  But cousins really are special friends.  You have common ground and sorta know what they are all about and kinda why.  Can't hide much and feels good not to be able to hide.  We have already started planning a cousins reunion/ get together in May when they come home for 4 months.  They will be moving back to Texas on retirement.  Life is good.  Marsha's vision is not any better but she is managing to avoid stressing them, since she realizes that makes it all worse.  It's been fun, but it's almost over.  Glad to go home.  Sad my adventure is ending.  Already started planning shorted adventures, closer to home.  It's been to good to stop.
Another full moon

No comments:

Post a Comment