Saturday, December 7, 2013

Early for flight.so I left the hotel at noon to see a few more sights and found myself at the airport way early. I think I must be gun shy from

almost missing that last flight.  I went by a big church and took some pics, talked to the men at 
the gate and asked what kind of church it was.  They said Church of Christ.  I said, oh so it is Christian.  They said No it is C of Christ.  Then ask if I. Was 
They said No its C of Christ.  Then they asked if I was Catholic. No I'm Christian.  Oh, would you like 
some literature about our church, well yes, I'd like that.  I'll take it home and share it with my Baptist 
friends.  They said good but I should read it now.  Would I like to speak with the pastor.  I said no.  
They said, lady, be careful.  Hold your belongings close.  These people are not good people.   
Talking about the thousands of vendors outside the gate.  I guess there must be some meanest here.
Any way I went to Jolibees.  Kinda like jack in the box etc but specializes in chicken, burgers and ice 
cream.  I had my bags up on the table while I ate so I could see them. I got up to get my fork and 
spoon, and saw them watch me and my bags.  When I returned to the table I whispered to them.  
I know you think I'm crazy leaving my bag, but it's only dirty clothes.  They laughed and I thought it 
was over.  When they left they stopped to say take care lady, you ave to be very careful.  
These people will take anything.  I told them I really appreciated their concern.  Maybe that's another 
reason I came on to the Airport early.  At the Jolibees, I realized something else.  All the baby's were
 looking at me and it occurred to me why I am getting such looks of interest.  These people are all 
dark skinned and all have very dark long hair.  I must stand out like you know what in you know what. 
 The adults give me interesting looks, and the babies just stare and smile.  So I guess I don't need 
my at and vest, I stand out all on my own.  Back to these Filipino females.  It must be awful to be 
ugly here.  99.9 % are beautiful.  Slender build, long silky black air.  Full lips, clear skin.  There are so 
many beautiful ones that the ugly ones stand out like a 66 year old grey haired lady from America.
I am stunned at how little English they speak.  We are sitting here in the airport watching an English 
game show and they all seem to understand it, but then they chat in English.  This morning while 
waiting my turn in the restroom, I was waiting in the doorway, and they just kept going around me 
and waiting at the door.  I'm accustomed to everyone waiting in the same line and ext one gets the 
next available.  After awhile I did not want to cut in line, so I loudly enough said, I need to understand 
how this works.  Do we pick a door and wait for it or how does this work. I'm about to pee pee my 
pants?  No one said a thing.  So I asked the little girl who had just cut in front of me, are you going 
to use that one, she said yes, I asked the next little girl and she said no.  So I got in that line.  So they
 understood me, but acted like they didn't even hear me.  Well I almost laughed out loud when I 
entered the stall.  I lady had been in before me but the seat was up.  I though, she's been standing 
on the rim.  I put the seat down and there were shoe marks on the seat.  I guess they prefer the 
squat pot.  I was in a nice restroom, by the way, and out of about 10 toilets 8 were sit downs, and 
2 were squats.  I thought why on earth did they do that.  I guess some people like it.  There were signs
on the door saying beware of wet floors, this is a some name so I opened the door and yep, 
squat pot. 
I have not determined the national food here yet.  I can't believe all the chicken places, and only 
1 pizza place.  Even the local places serve fried chicken.  There s a desert I can't believe.  Here it is 
called Halo Halo. It is flavored gelatin, maybe some chopped nuts, some sauces, abd BEANS then 
topped with ice cream.  I had it in Panang, and maybe, if I had not known, it would have been ok, 
but beans and ice cream,,couldn't do it.  A couple of days ago I was not hungry but knew I needed 
something, so I went I to Jolibees, and ordered a chocolate milkshake.  Had had dairy in awhile.  
Well it was chocolate milk with ice cubes and a scoop of ice cream.  I think translations are so amusing.



No comments:

Post a Comment